REPORTS TODirector of Development and Business Outreach Manager
DESCRIPTIONThe Administrative Assistant for the French Cultural Center manages data entry, donor correspondence and administrative duties for the corporate team. The assistant must be efficient and comfortable being a member of a team. The ability to prioritize assignments from multiple team members and multi-task is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, efficient and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in an accurate and timely manner is key to success in this position. The candidate must have the ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency, be detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment, have exceptional communication skills, and superior organization skills and dedication to competing projects in a timely manner. The Administrative Assistant will also help with logistics of some cultural events under the guidance of the Business Outreach Manager.
ABOUT THE FRENCH CULTURAL CENTER:
Founded in 1945 as the French Library of Boston, the Center is a 501(c)3, membership-based organization housed in a beautiful French Revival townhouse in Boston’s historic Bay. The Center has three areas of activity: French language education for students of all ages, from children to adults, based on close affiliation with the internationally renowned Federation of Alliances Françaises; French-themed artistic and cultural activities throughout the year, including the annual Bastille Day Celebration block party; and a library/médiathèque that houses some 30,000 French-language books, periodicals and electronic media, making it the second-largest private collection in the U.S. The Center recently adopted a new strategy focus with the goal of elevating its visibility in New England, with the eventual aim of building a base for national program offerings.
- Complete fluency in French and English preferred (oral and written).
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends. A can-do attitude is a must.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented person.
- Resourceful, technologically savvy, experienced with databases and the MS Suite.
- Previous administrative experience in a non-profit institution preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Manage workflow and assigned tasks, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed correctly and accurately. Manage and maintain the integrity of the donor data base.
- Input donation information into data management system and produce donor correspondence including invoices, pledge reminders, tax-receipts and acknowledgements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate.
- With the Director of Development, organize and implement bi-annual direct mail/email fundraising campaigns.
- Provide administrative support for the development and marketing team.
- Help with preparation, setup and breakdown for cultural events, including meal prep, running errands, lifting chairs, etc.
- Welcome and assist special guests, prepare slide presentations.