Director of Education, Adult Programs Manager, Youth Programs Manager
The Education Administrator manages all administrative tasks for the Education Department. The Administrator must be efficient and comfortable working in a team. The ability to prioritize assignments from multiple team members and multi-task is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, efficient and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in an accurate and timely manner is key to success in this position. The candidate must have the ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency, be detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment, have exceptional communication skills, and superior organization skills and dedication to completing tasks in a timely manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Manage class database systems (creations of all codes, classes and special programs openings and cancelations after consulting Director of Education and/or Program managers).
- Manage placement tests and registrations for adults’ and children’s courses as well as other programs offered by the department.
- Manage every aspect of teachers’ bi-weekly payrolls.
- Manage bills and teachers’ check requests for courses and workshops.
- Assign classrooms to teachers for all types of programs and provide them with class lists.
- Communicate with Reception regarding all activities related to students, Open Houses, first day of classes and other events linked to the Education Department.
- Cover all aspects of private lessons in coordination with the department. Manage teacher class assignments with program managers; update Google documents for group and private lessons on a daily basis; keep updated administrative forms for private lessons; send monthly report to Director of Education.
- Manage all aspects of DELF, TEF and DAEFLE exams and any distance exams.
- Generate financial reports for CFO.
- Work with Youth Programs Manager on the Summer in French Program (registrations, communication with parents/families, manage administrative medical forms required for registration).
- Availability and presence: compulsory presence and extended availability during the first week prior to the start of each class session, the first week of classes and the first two Saturdays of each session. Availability is also required during special programs as well as all exam sessions and special events.
- Unrestricted work authorization in the U.S. in hands required
- Fluency in French and English. (French at a B2-level)
- Strong multi-tasking abilities. Well-organized, detail-oriented person.
- Stellar interpersonal and phone skills.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends. A can-do attitude is a must.
- Resourceful, Proactive and Technologically savvy, experienced with databases and the MS Suite.
- Previous administrative experience in a non-profit institution preferred.
- College degree and experience in the education field preferred.
Full time : $40,000/year with benefits
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Send CV and cover letter in French by October 5, 2018. Position begins October 15, 2018.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to contact those that we would like to meet for interviews. No phone calls please.