POSITIONFull-time Language Instructor
REPORTS TODirector of Education, Adult Programs Manager, Youth Programs Manager
DESCRIPTIONThe French Cultural Center is hiring full-time language instructors to teach adult and children's classes.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Teaching of group classes in both the adults’ and the children’s sections
- Teaching of private lessons
- Administer placement tests
- Teaching for our outreach program in Boston Public Schools
- Attend all training / meetings organized by the Education Department
- Attend all staff meetings organized by the Center
- Develop curricula for in-house language programs
- Create, organize and teach thematic workshops
- Take part in DELF/TEF training, participate in DELF/TEF Examination sessions
- Native or near-native fluency in French
- M.A. degree in French, FLE (or DAEFLE) or equivalent
- Must understand and practice full immersion in the classroom
- Experience teaching children and adults
- Strong interest and experience teaching French and Francophone Literature
- DELF/DALF certified (or willing to be)
- Excellent understanding of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Familiarity with American and French school systems desirable
- Strong organizational and planning skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ ability to resolve conflicts diplomatically
- Ability to develop a rapport with children, parents, students and co-workers
- Strong class management skills
- Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner
- Knowledge of child language development
- Willing to teach children as of age 1, teens and adults
- Must be willing to work nights and Saturdays
Unrestricted work authorization in the U.S. in hands required. Please E-mail your cover letter and résumé in French to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 12. Position starts January 2018. No phone calls please.
COMPENSATION$40,000 plus Benefits: Health and dental coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, term life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, observance of Massachusetts holidays, enrollment in courses offered by the Center, French Cultural Center membership.
DEADLINE TO APPLYNovember 12, 2017. Starting date: January 2018
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants, we will only contact those that we would like to meet for interviews.