OVERVIEWThe French Cultural Center (“the Center”) of Boston is seeking a positive, committed, dependable, creative and outgoing team-player to join its Development department as Membership Manager.
Founded in 1945 as the French Library of Boston, the Center is a 501(c)3, membership-based organization housed in a beautiful French Revival townhouse in Boston’s historic Bay. The Center has three areas of activity: French language education for students of all ages, from children to adults, based on close affiliation with the internationally renowned Federation of Alliances Françaises; French-themed artistic and cultural activities throughout the year, including the annual Bastille Day Celebration block party; and a library/médiathèque that houses some 30,000 French-language books, periodicals and electronic media, making it the second-largest private collection in the U.S. The Center recently adopted a new strategy focus with the goal of elevating its visibility in New England, with the eventual aim of building a base for national program offerings.
RESPONSIBILITIESThe Membership Manager is responsible for:
- Developing, managing and successfully implementing an annual strategic membership campaign to meet and exceed budgeted membership revenues;
- Managing the research, design and implementation of new and innovative membership programs, including budget and volunteers management;
- Working closely with the Marketing department to develop and implement dynamic marketing campaigns to promote membership recruitment (new), and retention (renewals);
- Managing the solicitation of current and new member benefits and incentives such as Club Avantage;
- Managing the design and outreach of marketing materials for membership programs;
- Managing and maintaining the integrity of the members database;
- Oversee all aspects of the fundraising database, including production of monthly reports for the Executive Director and Board of Trustees;
- Researching membership base, identifying prospective donors (individual, foundation and corporate), and passing leads along to the Director of Development. Helping with cultivation;
- Providing administrative support for the Director of Development.
REPORTING AND SUPPORTThe Membership Manager will report directly to the Director of Development.
- Bilingual English/French.
- BA in social sciences, education, or a field closely related to non-profit/community organization functions preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in membership development, planning and recruitment or equivalent work related background.
- Proficiency in database/customer relationship management systems preferred.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with various computer and web applications, including Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a friendly, fast-paced, ever changing environment with a commitment to organization and details.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.