Responsible for meeting and greeting all members and guests of The French Cultural Center of Boston, handling all incoming telephone calls, managing reservations for programs, processing payments for membership renewals and class registrations and assisting all departments as necessary in an accurate and timely manner.
We are looking to train someone who would fill slots of time on an infrequent basis during the week (evenings) and some Saturdays (half or full days).
- Complete spoken and written fluency in French and English required.
- Must be able to handle a multi-line telephone system with competence and accuracy.
- Must be proficient with database software, email communications and internet browsers.
- Ability to juggle simultaneous but conflicting demands accurately.
- Well-organized, detail oriented person with proven experience handling money.
- Excellent telephone manners.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Must be permitted to work in the United States.
- Answer telephone, provide information for all callers and guests, take messages for French Cultural Center’s staff and trustees. Answer questions about classes, cultural programs, translation services, membership and rental of facilities.
- Responsible for meeting and greeting all Center members and guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Manage all reservations for lectures, concerts, and other Center events using our database. Process every payment made with cash, checks or credit cards.
- Process all walk-in membership sales, book sales and translation requests.
- Keep first floor neat and orderly.
- Maintain the brochures counters.
- Answer or forward to the correct staff member all e-mails in the reception inbox.
- Assist other Center departments as requested/ necessary.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the form below. No phone calls please. Due to the high number of applicants we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.