Part-time Language Instructor
Director of Education, Adult Programs Manager, Youth Programs Manager
The French Cultural Center is hiring part-time language instructors to teach adult and children's classes.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Teaching of group classes in both the adults’ and the children’s sections
- Teaching of private lessons
- Administer placement tests
- Available during the week (day and evening) and on Saturdays (day)
- Attend all training / meetings organized by the Education Department
- Attend all staff meetings organized by the Center
- Develop curricula for in-house language programs
- Create, organize and teach thematic workshops
- Native or advanced proficiency in French (C1 level desired)
- Unrestricted work authorization in the U.S. in hands required
- Degree in French, FLE (or DAEFLE) or equivalent
- Must understand and practice full immersion in the classroom
- Experience teaching children and adults
- Strong interest and experience teaching French and Francophone Literature
- DELF/DALF certified (or willing to be)
- Excellent understanding of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Familiarity with American and French school systems desirable
- Strong organizational and planning skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ ability to resolve conflicts diplomatically
- Ability to develop a rapport with children, parents, students and co-workers
- Strong class management skills
- Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner
- Knowledge of child language development
- Willing to teach children as of age 1, teens and adults
Part time : $25/hour (with the possibility of moving up to $27/hour, $29/hour and $32/hour.)
DEADLINE TO APPLY
November 30, 2017.
Starting date: Winter session.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to contact those that we would like to meet for interviews on site or over Skype. No phone calls please.