Part-time Language Instructor
Director of Education, Adult Programs Manager, Youth Programs Manager
The French Cultural Center is hiring part-time language instructors to teach adult and children's classes.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Teaching of group classes in both the adults’ and the children’s sections
- Teaching of private lessons
- Administer placement tests
- Available during the week (day and evening) and on Saturdays (day)
- Attend all training / meetings organized by the Education Department
- Attend all staff meetings organized by the Center
- Develop curricula for in-house language programs
- Create, organize and teach thematic workshops
- Native or advanced proficiency in French (C1 level desired)
- Unrestricted work authorization in the U.S. in hands required
- Degree in French, FLE (or DAEFLE) or equivalent
- Must understand and practice full immersion in the classroom
- Experience teaching children and adults a plus
- Strong interest and experience teaching French and Francophone Literature
- DELF/DALF certified (or willing to be)
- Excellent understanding of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Familiarity with American and French school systems desirable
- Strong organizational and planning skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ ability to resolve conflicts diplomatically
- Ability to develop a rapport with children, parents, students and co-workers
- Strong class management skills
- Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner
- Knowledge of child language development
- Willing to teach children as of age 1, teens and adults
Part time : $25/hour (with the possibility of moving up to $27/hour, $29/hour and $32/hour.)
DEADLINE TO APPLY
March 11, 2018.
Please submit both your resume and cover letter in French. Starting date: Spring session.
PLEASE NOTE: We will only contact those that we would like to meet for interviews on site or over Skype. No phone calls please.