Tuesdays, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Saturdays, 09:30 AM - 11:00 AM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 1
In this course you will cover Units 0 and Unit 1, pp. 13 to 34.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Say hello, introduce yourself, respond yes or no, spell in French, talk about purchasing something, communicate with classmates.
- Introduce, meet, and learn about someone; identify and locate an object (il y a, c’est); pose and respond politely to questions.
- Look at French monuments such as the Eiffel Tower, greet someone in French, differentiate between tu and vous.
- Read about French speakers across the globe, gain exposure to French etiquette, read a poem.
- Salutations, the alphabet, nationalities, a few countries, colors, numbers up to 20, the months of the year, a few emotions.
- Occupations, personal traits, everyday objects.
- The alphabet, sentence prosody.
- Final consonants and the silent e (e muet); masculine and feminine indefinite articles.
Grammar you will cover
- The verbs s’appeler, être, avoir
- The expressions je m’appelle, je suis, and j’ai __ ans
- Definite articles
- The expression je voudrais.
- Prepositions (à, en, au, aux)
- ER verbs (parler, habiter)
- The basic negative (ne…pas)
- Indefinite articles (un, une, des)
- Framing questions with qui (est-ce), quel
- Subject and stress pronouns, oui, non, si !
See the Spring Course Program