Mondays & Wednesdays, 7:40 PM - 9:10 PM
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Tuesdays & Thursdays , 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 2
In this course you will cover Units 0, 1 and 2; pp.14 to 57.
Student may choose to purchase either the hard copy version or the digital version of the textbook and workbook. Please note that for the hard copy version, a CD player is needed to play the included disc. For the digital copy, the online access code expires after one year.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Ask for and provide a definition, present your own language and speak about your relationship with the French language.
- Talk about your interests, describe someone, suggest (in writing) a group activity based on one of your interests, express difficulty or hesitation, ask questions about another person, write a poem.
- Discuss your educational background, give and ask for advice, write a letter introducing yourself, share information about yourself with a partner, convince a former classmate to join an alumni association.
- Learn about major dates in Francophone history as well as famous Francophones throughout the world; study variations of numbers in French throughout the world, explore certain puns in French.
- Talk about your neighbors and friends, look at websites for social engagement, express your personal interests, study an excerpt of the movie Les émotifs anonymes
- Examine the inception of social networks, network in your field, change your occupation by networking with your contacts, read about the daily life of some working professionals (one who works in international relations and another in translation), non-traditional jobs in Paris.
- Speak about pastimes, use expressions linked with imagery.
- Express frequency, meeting people, clothing, character traits.
- Social networks, the field of education, work, personal aptitudes, strengths and weaknesses.
- The liaison, pronouncing final consonants.
- The silent e (e muet), vowel sequencing.
Grammar you will cover
- Reviews of the present indicative, the imperative and possessives
- The past tense (passé composé)
- The relative pronouns qui and que
- The feminine and the plural of certain adjectives
- The imperfect tense
- The verb boire
- Direct object pronouns
- The imperative tense with pronouns
- Using the passé composé and the imperfect together
- Time indicators
- The verb mettre
The people in the class were interesting, hardworking and fun. I look forward to coming to class every [week]!
The French Cultural Center is an oasis of learning and culture. Nora is an incredible teacher, and the library has a wonderful collection.