Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Tuesdays & Thursdays , 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 2
In this course you will cover Units 5 and 6; pp. 94 to 133.
Student may choose to purchase either the hard copy version or the digital version of the textbook and workbook. Please note that for the hard copy version, a CD player is needed to play the included disc. For the digital copy, the online access code expires after one year.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Talk about clichés, describe social norms, express an interest, explain one’s indifference and ignorance, reassure someone, create a questionnaire.
- Learn about an exhibit, describe tendencies or habits, talk about an outing, make and react to a proposition, express one’s feelings, post a comment on a forum.
- Learn about French people living abroad, how to live abroad, discuss French stereotypes and cultural habits, discover a Senegalese meal.
- Learn about a cooking and cinema festival in Vaux-sur-Seine, discuss a music and gastronomy festival, talk about the cuisine of the future, read about eating habits.
- Travel, administrative processes, stereotypes.
- Outings, programs and exhibits, food, insects
- The [ã] sound in banc , the [ɔ̃] sound in bon, the [i] sound in pique, the [j] sound in payer.
- Vowel sequencing and liaison, the sound [R] in ra.
Grammar you will cover
- The relative pronouns où and dont
- The gerund
- The pronouns en and y
- The subjunctive
- Expressing obligation
- The verb accueillir
- Adjective placement within a sentence
- The subjunctive tense with emotions
- The near future and the future tenses
- The verb craindre
See Spring Course Program
A relaxed environment for lovers of French language and culture to sharpen their speaking skills. Discuss everything from daily activities to social issues. No homework and no required textbook.Read More