Mondays & Wednesdays, 7:40 PM - 9:10 PM
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:00 PM - 7:40 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 2
In this course you will cover Units 7,8 and 9; pp.134 to 187.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Outline a choice, make a hypothesis, express anger, disapproval, and intent, make a demand, write a manifesto.
- Express a goal, express desires or hopes, goals, degrees of certainty, offer encouragement, speak about having commitments, write a concise news report as well as official letters/letters to a sponsor.
- Communicate your artistic experiences, talk about change, describe the meaning of certain concepts, express your disapproval, speak for a longer duration of time, write a short text that presents your point of view.
- Learn about consumption habits in France, consuming sustainably, alternative ways of living, and efforts to minimize waste, different forms of currency in Toulouse.
- Learn about community youth programs, various volunteer organizations such as Euforia and Les Blouses Rouges. Read about marathon running with sponsor donations, food banks and illiteracy in France.
- Student housing on the farm, the “rurbains”, the street artist Oakoak, an ephemeral neighborhood in Marseille, the neologism of the year.
- The economic crisis, statistics and percentages, commerce, money and banking.
- Social problems, commitment, health and athletics.
- Housing, the city and the countryside, sociological profiles, urbanism and art.
- Consonant sequencing in sentence pronunciation, the sound [ɛ̃] in vin, the sound [ã] in blanc.
- The sounds [u] in outil and [w] in espoir, oral and nasal vowels.
- Sound games: pronunciation.
Grammar you will cover
- Indefinite articles
- Express the hypothetical in the present tense
- Form adverbs ending in -ment
- The verb produire
- Imperfect tense with hypothetical situations
- The passive voice
- Expressing goals
- Double pronouns
- The verb vaincre
- Opposition and concession
- Avant and après with infinitives
- Synthesis of the indicative and subjunctive
- Emphasis using apposition
See the Fall Course Program
The classes are active, teachers come prepared and are enthusiastic with the students. A true French experience!
Classes at the Alliance Française are a great way to connect with other motivated people and lovers of France and the French language.
This course, like every course I have taken here, was an absolute pleasure. I looked forward to learning new concepts and vocabulary every week!
A relaxed environment for lovers of French language and culture to sharpen their speaking skills. Discuss everything from daily activities to social issues. No homework and no required textbook.Read More
Improve your skills and confidence speaking French while learning new vocabulary and expressions. It's fast, it's fun, it works and lunch is included!Read More