Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Wednesdays & Fridays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 2
In this course you will cover Units 7,8 and 9; pp.134 to 187.
Student may choose to purchase either the hard copy version or the digital version of the textbook and workbook. Please note that for the hard copy version, a CD player is needed to play the included disc. For the digital copy, the online access code expires after one year.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Outline a choice, make a hypothesis, express anger, disapproval, and intent, make a demand, write a manifesto.
- Express a goal, express desires or hopes, goals, degrees of certainty, offer encouragement, speak about having commitments, write a concise news report as well as official letters/letters to a sponsor.
- Communicate your artistic experiences, talk about change, describe the meaning of certain concepts, express your disapproval, speak for a longer duration of time, write a short text that presents your point of view.
- Learn about consumption habits in France, consuming sustainably, alternative ways of living, and efforts to minimize waste, different forms of currency in Toulouse.
- Learn about community youth programs, various volunteer organizations such as Euforia and Les Blouses Rouges. Read about marathon running with sponsor donations, food banks and illiteracy in France.
- Student housing on the farm, the “rurbains”, the street artist Oakoak, an ephemeral neighborhood in Marseille, the neologism of the year.
- The economic crisis, statistics and percentages, commerce, money and banking.
- Social problems, commitment, health and athletics.
- Housing, the city and the countryside, sociological profiles, urbanism and art.
- Consonant sequencing in sentence pronunciation, the sound [ɛ̃] in vin, the sound [ã] in blanc.
- The sounds [u] in outil and [w] in espoir, oral and nasal vowels.
- Sound games: pronunciation.
Grammar you will cover
- Indefinite articles
- Express the hypothetical in the present tense
- Form adverbs ending in -ment
- The verb produire
- Imperfect tense with hypothetical situations
- The passive voice
- Expressing goals
- Double pronouns
- The verb vaincre
- Opposition and concession
- Avant and après with infinitives
- Synthesis of the indicative and subjunctive
- Emphasis using apposition
See Spring Course Program
The classes are active, teachers come prepared and are enthusiastic with the students. A true French experience!
Classes at the Alliance Française are a great way to connect with other motivated people and lovers of France and the French language.
This course, like every course I have taken here, was an absolute pleasure. I looked forward to learning new concepts and vocabulary every week!
A relaxed environment for lovers of French language and culture to sharpen their speaking skills. Discuss everything from daily activities to social issues. No homework and no required textbook.Read More