Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7:40 PM - 9:10 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will reinforce your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to augment your skills and boost your confidence in French. With a focus on conversational French and active student participation using videos and interactive exercises, you will master the finer aspects of the French language.
Required textbook: Saison 3 and Saison 4
In this course you will cover: Saison 3 Unit 9; pp.172 to 195* & Saison 4, Unit 1; pp.14 to 31
Saison 3 Unit 9 is available as a separate packets for students who are new to the French Cultural Center.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Defend an idea, describe a style, describe a habit or compulsion, express a benefit, write the mission statement of a club, conclude one's argument.
- Show exasperation and discontent, write a blog, write an e-mail requesting more information, search for the response to a question, have a dialogue about an expression, write a résumé, read aloud.
- The Belgian Wasbar, cuisine fait maison, oxygen bars and primary needs, the Movember movement, daily habits, Youboox and reading for pleasure, the testimony of a walker, the neighborhood, letters to the editor.
- Stereotypes of French society and happiness, the playwright Roland Dubillard, Les blagues Carambar.
- Cuisine, needs, styles (fashion...), reading, travel, metaphor.
- Happiness and sadness, laughter, neologisms.
- [ɛ̃] and [ɛn], double consonants, onomatopoeia.
- The silent e, y’a as a spoken form of il y a, play on words.
Grammar you will cover
- Logical connectors (begin, conclude, elaborate, and enumerate)
- The expression of regret and reproach
- Indefinite adjectives and pronouns
- The different uses of the infinitive
- Expressing a feeling using the indicative or the subjunctive
- Emphasize using la mise en relief
- Pouvoir as a modal verb
See the Fall Course Program
Pick up your pen and travel throughout the Francophone world to become a witness of our times as you discover different media styles and techniques and learn to write like modern journalists.Read More