Wednesdays & Fridays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
About this Class
Our core language classes will reinforce your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to augment your skills and boost your confidence in French. With a focus on conversational French and active student participation using videos and interactive exercises, you will master the finer aspects of the French language.
Required textbook: Saison 4
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Recognize and explain cultural differences, comment on unusual behaviors, rewrite a newspaper article in your own words, present a project in defense of national heritage, describe innovations in technology and debate whether or not one should fear the progress of science
- Give an opinion on city construction, present and comment upon a political or social conflict, give written advice, detail the causes and subsequent consequences of an environmental conflict, describe a tourist location and a sociopolitical organization.
- Compose an informal letter, explain certain behaviors, comment on the supernatural
- Learn about climate change and new technologies, examine different ideas of urban life and bartering society, explore the idea of trips into outer space.
Grammar you will cover
- Argue effectively
- Express causes and consequences of actions
- Describe a series of events
- Reason through the use of deduction and hypotheses
- Describe an experience and vary sentence structures (adjectival, adverbial, and prepositional)
See the Fall Course Program
Pick up your pen and travel throughout the Francophone world to become a witness of our times as you discover different media styles and techniques and learn to write like modern journalists.Read More