Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7:40 PM - 9:10 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will reinforce your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to augment your skills and boost your confidence in French. With a focus on conversational French and active student participation using videos and interactive exercises, you will master the finer aspects of the French language.
Required textbook: Echo B2
In this course you will cover Unit 3; pp.90 to 121.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Explain ones passions, react in both a negative and affirmative manner, recount and comment on a work of fiction, write a biography
- Give an opinion on cultural events and media coverage, speak about a dining experience, describe ordinary objects
- Write informal letters and messages in regards to social events, express personal feelings in writing, write a report based on a radio or television broadcast, present a cultural anecdote.
- Learn about psychology, read film and theatre critiques, understand works of fiction, analyze newspaper articles, read and comment on events online, understand excerpts from magazines
- Comprehend restaurant reviews, read an interview about fashion, discover different opinions about television series, learn about the life of a screenwriter, understand a radio news bulletin
- React and respond to controversial demonstrations, listen to a cooking show, discover the wines of Bordeaux.
Grammar you will cover
- Verbal constructions of feelings and emotions
- Management of tenses when telling a story in the past
- Marking temporal events (posteriority and anteriority)
- Refine diction choices
- Study the literal and figurative sense of words
- Enrich vocabulary via the use of synonyms
- Indicate nuances of meaning
- Underline and highlight the stress of words in a sentence through the use of the following constructions: superlative, negative, indefinite, definite and comparative
See the Winter Course Program