Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7:40 PM - 9:10 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will reinforce your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to augment your skills and boost your confidence in French. With a focus on conversational French and active student participation using videos and interactive exercises, you will master the finer aspects of the French language.
Required textbook: Saison 4
Student may choose to purchase either the hard copy version or the digital version of the textbook and workbook. Please note that for the hard copy version, a CD player is needed to play the included disc. For the digital copy, the online access code expires after one year.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- React to a newspaper article about immigration; debate the pros and cons of multiculturalism
- Outline, argue, and write a letter in defense of a cause, defend or criticize an aspect of society or a political campaign; present, defend and critique a politician’s plan
- Combine multiple documents to make one solid argument, report on a moment of reflection.
- Examine and debate different forms of discrimination, learn about social diversity
- Transcribe an audio document about French culture, defend or criticize certain aspects of society, comment on the job market within green technologies, debate the necessity of admission fees for museums, analyze discrimination and distribution conflicts within a company
- Discuss secularism in a French context, talk about volunteer work from a French perspective, learn about Quebec’s Law 101 (language law), study the privatization of France’s postal service, give an opinion on the salaries of professional athletes, listen to a European representative defend a point of view
Grammar you will cover
- Argue for or against a cause
- Concede information
- Compose an administrative letter
- Produce a well-informed verbal opinion
- Formally assess a situation
- Recount previously stated actions in the present and in the past
See Spring Course Program