Mondays & Wednesdays, 7:40 PM - 9:10 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will reinforce your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to augment your skills and boost your confidence in French. With a focus on conversational French and active student participation using videos and interactive exercises, you will master the finer aspects of the French language.
Required textbook: Saison 4
In this class you will cover Unit 8 and 9, pp.144 to 180.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Interpret historical symbols in time and space , excuse one’s errors, create a questionnaire, describe a superhero morally and physically, avoid answering questions, write a persuasive essay.
- Write an article and conclude one’s point, participate in an ethical debate, design an urban project, make and reject accusations, write a right to reply.
- Belgian politics, French political theory, French politicians, superheroes.
- Ethics in society and the workplace, urbanization, Absurdist writings and thinkers.
- The vocabulary of politics and political institutions, fear and danger.
- The vocabulary of ethics and medicine, urbanization and consumption.
- Consonant groups, the word plus and acronyms as spoken words.
- Interjections, loan words, paronymous words (having a similar sound and spelling, but different meaning).
Grammar you will cover
- The subjunctive expressing rarity and necessity
- The accord of past participles
- Adding nuance to numbers
- Articulate one’s speech
- Add information, and the pronoun/adjective tel
See the Spring Course Program