About this Class
Our core language classes will reinforce your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to augment your skills and boost your confidence in French. With a focus on conversational French and active student participation using videos and interactive exercises, you will master the finer aspects of the French language.
Required textbook: Saison 4
In this class you will cover Unit 8 and 9, pp.144 to 180.
Student may choose to purchase either the hard copy version or the digital version of the textbook and workbook. Please note that for the hard copy version, a CD player is needed to play the included disc. For the digital copy, the online access code expires after one year.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Interpret historical symbols in time and space , excuse one’s errors, create a questionnaire, describe a superhero morally and physically, avoid answering questions, write a persuasive essay.
- Write an article and conclude one’s point, participate in an ethical debate, design an urban project, make and reject accusations, write a right to reply.
- Belgian politics, French political theory, French politicians, superheroes.
- Ethics in society and the workplace, urbanization, Absurdist writings and thinkers.
- The vocabulary of politics and political institutions, fear and danger.
- The vocabulary of ethics and medicine, urbanization and consumption.
- Consonant groups, the word plus and acronyms as spoken words.
- Interjections, loan words, paronymous words (having a similar sound and spelling, but different meaning).
Grammar you will cover
- The subjunctive expressing rarity and necessity
- The accord of past participles
- Adding nuance to numbers
- Articulate one’s speech
- Add information, and the pronoun/adjective tel
See Spring Course Program