Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 1
In this course you will cover Units 0, 1 and 2; pp.12 to 57.
Please note that the Saison textbook, a CD player is needed to play the included disc.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Introduce yourself, respond yes or no, learn how to spell in French, talk about purchasing something, communicate with classmates.
- Introduce, meet, and learn about someone; identify and locate an object (il y a, c’est); pose and respond politely to questions, join a social network.
- Understand and compose a newspaper advert, find, research, and describe an apartment, describe one’s neighbor, accuse and excuse oneself, write a personal profile.
- Look at French monuments such as the Eiffel Tower, greet someone in French, differentiate between tu and vous.
- Read about French speakers across the globe, gain exposure to French etiquette, read a poem.
- Learn about finding an apartment in France (and in Switzerland), read and understand a Parisian apartment listing, talk about new neighbors.
- Salutations, the alphabet, nationalities, a few countries, colors, numbers up to 20, the months of the year, a few emotions.
- Occupations, personal traits, everyday objects, languages, numbers up to 69.
- Living conditions, describing an apartment, physical descriptions, personal preferences.
- The alphabet, sentence prosody.
- Final consonants and the silent e (e muet); masculine and feminine indefinite articles.
- The plural liaison, distinguishing between le and les.
Grammar you will cover
- The verbs s’appeler, être, avoir
- The expressions je m’appelle, je suis, and j’ai __ ans
- Definite articles
- The expression je voudrais.
- Prepositions (à, en, au, aux)
- ER verbs (parler, habiter)
- The basic negative (ne…pas)
- Indefinite articles (un, une, des)
- Framing questions with qui (est-ce), quel
- Subject and stress pronouns, oui, non, si !
- Gender and agreement for nouns and adjectives
- The verbs venir and aller
- Possessive adjectives
- Spatial prepositions dans, chez, sur, sous