Mondays & Wednesdays, 7:40 PM - 9:10 PM
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM* Accelerated Learning Course - 5 Weeks Only! (April 11 - May 11)
Wednesdays & Fridays, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 1
In this course you will cover Units 0, 1 and 2; pp.12 to 57.
Please note that the Saison textbook, a CD player is needed to play the included disc.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Introduce yourself, respond yes or no, learn how to spell in French, talk about purchasing something, communicate with classmates.
- Introduce, meet, and learn about someone; identify and locate an object (il y a, c’est); pose and respond politely to questions, join a social network.
- Understand and compose a newspaper advert, find, research, and describe an apartment, describe one’s neighbor, accuse and excuse oneself, write a personal profile.
- Look at French monuments such as the Eiffel Tower, greet someone in French, differentiate between tu and vous.
- Read about French speakers across the globe, gain exposure to French etiquette, read a poem.
- Learn about finding an apartment in France (and in Switzerland), read and understand a Parisian apartment listing, talk about new neighbors.
- Salutations, the alphabet, nationalities, a few countries, colors, numbers up to 20, the months of the year, a few emotions.
- Occupations, personal traits, everyday objects, languages, numbers up to 69.
- Living conditions, describing an apartment, physical descriptions, personal preferences.
- The alphabet, sentence prosody.
- Final consonants and the silent e (e muet); masculine and feminine indefinite articles.
- The plural liaison, distinguishing between le and les.
Grammar you will cover
- The verbs s’appeler, être, avoir
- The expressions je m’appelle, je suis, and j’ai __ ans
- Definite articles
- The expression je voudrais.
- Prepositions (à, en, au, aux)
- ER verbs (parler, habiter)
- The basic negative (ne…pas)
- Indefinite articles (un, une, des)
- Framing questions with qui (est-ce), quel
- Subject and stress pronouns, oui, non, si !
- Gender and agreement for nouns and adjectives
- The verbs venir and aller
- Possessive adjectives
- Spatial prepositions dans, chez, sur, sous
See Spring Course Program
I thoroughly enjoyed my class. My instructor was fun and enthusiastic. She planned a variety of activities so the concepts were presented in different ways which really helped me learn. She was patient with my pronunciation, but taught me in a way that only a true native speaker could. Can't wait for my next class!
The class really gave us a good foundation from which we learned to communicate in French.
Never had any previous instruction in French? Looking for an in-depth introduction to understanding and communicating about basics? This class is designed especially for you; no prior experience necessary!Read More
Find out about your friends' hobbies, discover the culture of Montréal and blog about your life—all in French! These activities (and many more) will help you expand your language skills. *Accelerated learning option available.*Read More