Mondays & Wednesdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Mondays & Wednesdays, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7:40 PM - 9:10 PM
Saturdays, 1:45 PM - 4:45 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 1
In this course you will cover Units 3 and 4; pp.58 to 93.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Talk about one’s preferences and desires, discuss what you do in your spare time, ask and give the time, investigate a situation, write about oneself (on a blog), justify a choice, write a list.
- Propose an outing, express appreciation and/or dislike for something, talk about an experience in the past tense, describe an outfit, talk about a film, express a desire, write an informal letter.
- Learn about French hobbies, talk about each other’s preferences, discuss everyday activities and habits.
- Learn about the French population of Louisiana, discuss French cultural tendencies, visit Montreal.
- Free time and leisure activities, the seasons, everyday activities, the weather, giving the time.
- Social outings, the family, the arts, clothing and accessories.
- The sound [y] like du, the sound [EU] like deux, the sound [E] like fais; liaison with consonants.
- The sound [o] like photo, and the sound [ɔ̃] like nom.
Grammar you will cover
- Contractions (de + les)
- The verbs vouloir, pouvoir, devoir
- The interrogative adjective quel
- Reflexive verbs
- The near future (le futur proche)
- The pronoun on
- Demonstrative adjectives
- The verbs venir and sortir
- Common adverbs
- The past tense (passé composé)
- The difference between être and avoir
- The imperfect tense (l’imparfait)
See the Winter Course Program
A relaxed environment for lovers of French language and culture to sharpen their speaking skills. Discuss everything from daily activities to social issues. No homework and no required textbook.Read More