Mondays & Wednesdays, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Mondays & Wednesdays, 7:40 PM - 9:10 PM
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Saturdays, 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Saturday, 1:45 PM - 4:45 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 1
In this course you will cover Units 3 and 4; pp.58 to 93.
Student may choose to purchase either the hard copy version or the digital version of the textbook and workbook. Please note that for the hard copy version, a CD player is needed to play the included disc. For the digital copy, the online access code expires after one year.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Talk about one’s preferences and desires, discuss what you do in your spare time, ask and give the time, investigate a situation, write about oneself (on a blog), justify a choice, write a list.
- Propose an outing, express appreciation and/or dislike for something, talk about an experience in the past tense, describe an outfit, talk about a film, express a desire, write an informal letter.
- Learn about French hobbies, talk about each other’s preferences, discuss everyday activities and habits.
- Learn about the French population of Louisiana, discuss French cultural tendencies, visit Montreal.
- Free time and leisure activities, the seasons, everyday activities, the weather, giving the time.
- Social outings, the family, the arts, clothing and accessories.
- The sound [y] like du, the sound [EU] like deux, the sound [E] like fais; liaison with consonants.
- The sound [o] like photo, and the sound [ɔ̃] like nom.
Grammar you will cover
- Contractions (de + les)
- The verbs vouloir, pouvoir, devoir
- The interrogative adjective quel
- Reflexive verbs
- The near future (le futur proche)
- The pronoun on
- Demonstrative adjectives
- The verbs venir and sortir
- Common adverbs
- The past tense (passé composé)
- The difference between être and avoir
- The imperfect tense (l’imparfait)
The class was paced and structured very well. I could see my progress quite noticeably as the class progressed.
This was a great class. Loved the interactive aspect of [our instructor's] teaching and the learning games we played. I felt safe and comfortable with making mistakes and learning from them. I feel like I also learnt a lot about French culture and traditions which is an added bonus!
The French Cultural Center creates an amazing environment to learn French.