Mondays & Wednesdays, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 1
In this course you will cover Units 5 and 6; pp.94 to 137.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Propose, accept and decline an invitation, give instructions using il faut (one must), ask the price of something, go grocery shopping, write a recipe, order food in a restaurant, give an opinion, make dinner table conversation.
- Describe and navigate a city, explain the location of something using prepositions such as en face de, compare different cities, read and understand a map, ask for directions, write about your hometown on a blog.
- Look at a typical French village, learn about the Festival du Mot, talk about French etiquette at the dinner table, discuss cuisines.
- Learn about Brussels, Belgium; Lyon and Bordeaux, France; and Algiers, Algeria; complete a scavenger hunt on a smartphone.
- Food and ingredients, dining habits, table settings, money and commerce.
- City and urban life, public transportation.
- Intonation in the interrogative tense (asking questions), the sound [a].
- The sound [i] like lit, the sound [y] like tu, the sound [s] like sot, and [z] like zoo.
Grammar you will cover
- Forming phrases in the negative using ne…plus and ne… jamais
- The verbs acheter, manger, payer
- The imperative tense (l’impératif)
- The partitive
- Expressions of quantity
- The pronoun en in relation to quantity
- The expression il faut
- Adjective placement
- The verb prendre
- The pronoun y
- Spatial prepositions (à côté de, en face de)
- The comparative (moins de/que, plus de/que)
This class will solidify fundamentals of grammar and pronunciation you already know while teaching you how to discuss the environment, tell stories using the passé composé, make a to-do list, describe your childhood pet, and more!Read More