About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to expand your skills and increase your confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain a deeper understanding of the French language and Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 3
This course will cover Units 1 and 2; pp.12 to 51.
Student may choose to purchase either the hard copy version or the digital version of the textbook and workbook. Please note that for the hard copy version, a CD player is needed to play the included disc. For the digital copy, the online access code expires after one year.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Talk about complaints dealing with weather, give advice, express and defend your point of view, structure a timeline, write a promotional ad, conduct a survey, create a nightly newscast story.
- Speak about your relationship with learning, speak about your educational background and career path, describe how ideas are transmitted, write your résumé (C.V.) and express your approval or disapproval, participate in a mock radio interview.
- Talk about cycling as an alternative transportation to commute, talk about your pass times, read a weather comic strip, discuss future fate of the French coastline, discover the Luminew project and read an extract from Alain Remoud’s Comme une chanson dans la nuit.
- Examine various ways of learning, speak about informal learning techniques, consider the educative system in Guyana, learning by playing, MOOCS, board games and writing a formal cover letter.
- Passing time, weather and climate, nature, geography and some abbreviations.
- Education, career paths, games, suffixes and e-learning.
- Mandatory liaisons, vowels [u] and [o], the [ø] sound, intonation and hesitation.
- Forbidden liaisons, nasal vowels [ɑ̃], [ɔ̃] and [ɛ̃] intonation with declarations.
Grammar you will cover
- Express goals (de peur que, en vue de)
- Communicate desires (Ça serait bien de/que…)
- Possessive pronouns (le mien, la sienne)
- Relative pronouns (qui, dont, où)
- The past participle and differentiating between avoir and être
- Past tenses (imparfait, passé composé, plus-que-parfait)
See Spring Course Program
This course has been an absolutely immersive experience that has made me learn faster than ever. Also, the benefits of being a member are fantastic.
The classes are dynamic, interesting and challenging. I highly recommend the Alliance Française as the best place to learn French in Boston. Very happy with the resources the French Cultural Center has for all levels of French.
A relaxed environment for lovers of French language and culture to sharpen their speaking skills. Discuss everything from daily activities to social issues. No homework and no required textbook.Read More