Mondays & Wednesdays, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7:40 PM - 9:10 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to expand your skills and increase your confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain a deeper understanding of the French language and Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 3
This course will cover Units 3 and 4; pp.52 to 91.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Express various degrees of certitude, describe one of your inspirations, verify facts and information, speak about contemporary art, compose a short press article (present the topic and provide the facts), organize an international robotics conference.
- Speak about identity and your origins, express discontentment, write a film synopsis, develop a comparative argument in an essay and participate in a competition.
- The spirit of intelligence, voodoo in Benin, speaking about superstitions, artificial intelligence, contemporary art, masterpieces of art, Wikipedia, press articles.
- Examine various ways of learning, speak about informal learning techniques, consider the educative system in Guyana, learning by playing, MOOCS, board games and writing a formal cover letter.
- Intelligence, science, electronics, health, media, art and antonyms.
- Electronic identity, personal origins, the European Union, the body, plastic surgery, life changes and neologisms.
- Punctuation, intonation, consonants and liaisons.
- The falling [ə] sound, blending of consonant sounds and informal register.
Grammar you will cover
- Passive forms (se laisser, se faire)
- Expressions of certitude and doubt
- Uncertain events using the past conditional tense and verbal forms (Il semble que, Il paraîtrait que)
- Indicators of time (depuis, il y a, pendant, dans, en)
See the Winter Course Program