Wednesdays & Fridays, 10:00 - 11:30 AM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to expand your skills and increase your confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain a deeper understanding of the French language and Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 3
This course will cover Units 5 and 6; pp.92 to 131.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Speak about dreams and necessary change, explain the utility and use of new technologies, imagine and communicate your ideas about the future, protest and oppose ideas, write a concise argumentative essay, design an advertisement for future fashion styles.
- Analyze a text about risks and passions in life, describe a tradition, speak about yourself and relate your own personal evolution, insist on your ideas and reinforce your arguments, write a communication campaign text, give testimony during a mock TV report.
- Social change and protest, connected objects and technology, 3D printing, Thomas Picketty and la pensée économique, Coco Chanel’s revolution, considering evolution vs. revolution.
- Roofing and other extreme sports, engaged testimonies, Paris’ love locks, film reviews, new kinds of families, TED Talks.
- Revolution, revolt, new technologies, economy, fashion and homonyms.
- Passion, politics, love, meeting new people, business, family and etymology.
- Nasal vowel [ɔ̃] and intonations with anger.
- Nasal vowels [ɔ] and [œ], intonation with varying types of interrogation.
Grammar you will cover
- Future and near future tenses
- Le futur antérieur (j’aurai terminé mon devoir quand tu rentreras)
- Opposition and concession
- Phrases and tenses used with anterior, posterior and simultaneous actions
- Impersonal phrases with the subject il (il s’agit de/il paraît que)
- Cause and consequence
- Prepositional groups
- Placing emphasis in phrases
See the Fall Course Program
A relaxed environment for lovers of French language and culture to sharpen their speaking skills. Discuss everything from daily activities to social issues. No homework and no required textbook.Read More