Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7:40 PM - 9:10 PM
About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to expand your skills and increase your confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain a deeper understanding of the French language and Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 3
This course will cover Units 7 and 8; pp.132 to 171.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Speak about different works, react to a lie, describe your emotions, talk about success, correct and deny ideas, write an email and act out a historical comedy skit.
- Talk about heritage, judge values of a situation, hesitate, describe deterioration, open and close a digression in conversation, write a review of a TV series, participate in protecting a historical monument.
- The Panthéon, important moments in Francophone history, L’Étranger by Camus in graphic novel format, a fable from the West Indies, Le Puy du Fou, a medieval weekend, a police interrogation.
- Tangible and intangible patrimony, UNESCO, French patrimony, the gwoka (Guadeloupe), notaries, a heritage scene in a novel, Quebec’s threatened patrimony, the Inventaire association; radio debate about patrimony of ministers.
- History, stories, lies, performances, justice and capitalization.
- National patrimony, heritage, promoting organizations and synonyms.
- Verlan, language ‘ticks’ and maintaining contact.
- Semi-vowels [j], [ɥ] and [w] and the West Indies accent, separations in phrasal sequences, emphasizing with intonation.
Grammar you will cover
- Reported speech in the present and past tenses
- Concordance des temps
- The past simple tense
- Personal, neutral and demonstrative pronouns
- Adverbs in expressing opinion
- Nominal phrases
- Double pronouns
- Reflexive verbs
See the Spring Course Program