About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to expand your skills and increase your confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain a deeper understanding of the French language and Francophone world!
Required textbook: Saison 3
This course will cover Units 7 and 8; pp.132 to 171.
Student may choose to purchase either the hard copy version or the digital version of the textbook and workbook. Please note that for the hard copy version, a CD player is needed to play the included disc. For the digital copy, the online access code expires after one year.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Speak about different works, react to a lie, describe your emotions, talk about success, correct and deny ideas, write an email and act out a historical comedy skit.
- Talk about heritage, judge values of a situation, hesitate, describe deterioration, open and close a digression in conversation, write a review of a TV series, participate in protecting a historical monument.
- The Panthéon, important moments in Francophone history, L’Étranger by Camus in graphic novel format, a fable from the West Indies, Le Puy du Fou, a medieval weekend, a police interrogation.
- Tangible and intangible patrimony, UNESCO, French patrimony, the gwoka (Guadeloupe), notaries, a heritage scene in a novel, Quebec’s threatened patrimony, the Inventaire association; radio debate about patrimony of ministers.
- History, stories, lies, performances, justice and capitalization.
- National patrimony, heritage, promoting organizations and synonyms.
- Verlan, language ‘ticks’ and maintaining contact.
- Semi-vowels [j], [ɥ] and [w] and the West Indies accent, separations in phrasal sequences, emphasizing with intonation.
Grammar you will cover
- Reported speech in the present and past tenses
- Concordance des temps
- The past simple tense
- Personal, neutral and demonstrative pronouns
- Adverbs in expressing opinion
- Nominal phrases
- Double pronouns
- Reflexive verbs
The French Cultural Center is awesome. En bref, j'adore. The location is convenient and accessible by public transit. The fees are competitive. The instructors are native French speakers and subject-matter experts. The Center is second to none en matière de français.