About this Class
In this course, you’ll discover great works of French and Francophone literature while you work on your language skills. Over the course of ten weeks, you will be introduced to both modern and classic literary works. You will engage in lively book discussions that will focus on furthering your understanding of not only literature but also the French language. Five to six books and plays are discussed throughout the course. Books are available for purchase at our reception desk.
Fall Session Reading List
- Nerval - Voyage en Orient
- Mme de Stael - Corinne ou l'Italie
- Michaux - Un barbare en Asie
- Monod - Le chercheur d'absolu
- Schmitt - La nuit de feu Please note that the reading list does not reflect the order in which the books will be discussed in class.
Political figures, painters, activists, writers, actresses… so many women have shaped the 20th century. From Simone Veil to Brigitte Bardot, discuss ten women who have impacted culture and society.Read More
From the father’s impressionist masterpieces to the son's revolutionary films, this class will unveil the amazing lives and discuss the important works of the talented Pierre-Auguste and Jean Renoir.Read More