About this Class
In this course, you’ll discover great works of French and Francophone literature while you work on your language skills. Over the course of ten weeks, you will be introduced to both modern and classic literary works. You will engage in lively book discussions that will focus on furthering your understanding of not only literature but also the French language. Five to six books and plays are discussed throughout the course. Books are available for purchase at our reception desk.
Spring Session Reading List
- Honoré de Balzac - La femme abandonnée
- Arthur Rimbaud - Une Saison en Enfer
- Paul Valéry - Monsieur Teste
- Réjean Ducharme - L’Avalée des avalés
- Valérie Tuong Cong - Par Amour Please note that the reading list does reflect the order in which the books will be discussed in class.