About this EventChristine and Daniel Cooney will lead a fascinating lecture accompanied by a tasting to explore the limits of one’s palate, comparing French brandies and their exclusive characteristics.
Guests will enjoy eight different liquors
- Cognac Organic Selection | Distillerie du Peyrat | France
This Organic Selection is 4 to 5 years old. It is very lively, fresh and fruity.
- Cognac Petite Champagne VSOP | Normandin Mercier | France
The grapes used are Ugni Blanc and a little Colombard and Folle Blanche, a very rare occurrence in Cognac.
- Cep d'Or XO Premium | Jean Fillioux | France
- Cognac Grande Champagne Très Vieux | Jean Fillioux | France
Jean Fillioux is an iconic Cognac house that has been producing Cognacs for 5 generations.
- Bas Armagnac Napoléon | Marie Duffau | France
This Armagnac is fresh and lively, with flavors of cocoa, orange rind and cake batter.
- Napoleon 100% Folle Blanche | Artez Bas Armagnac | France
Aged a minimum of 6 years, it displays floral aromatics typical of the grape varietal, white peach, dried apricot and orange peel flavors.
- Bas Armagnac Hors d’Age | Dartigalongue | France
The Dartigalongue family started to distill in 1813 and is the oldest Armagnac house.
- Bas Armagnac 25 years old | Delord | France
This superb blend displays flavors of cocoa, spices, vanilla, raisins, walnut and cinnamon.
About Heavenly Spirits
About Christine and Dan Cooney
Born in the Cognac region of France, Christine spent summers at her grandparent’s farm north of La Rochelle, where she watched her grandfather, Amédée Foubert, run his winery and distill eau de vie from plums and other fruit grown on the farm. In addition to running his own graphic design and marketing companies, Dan has worked as a Professor of Art and Design for over fifteen years, most recently at Bridgewater State University. His art work, mostly paintings, drawings and sculptures are in collections all over the world. After twenty years of working in the wine and spirits industry and another stay in France, the Cooneys relocated to Massachusetts and, in 2008, created Heavenly Spirits.