Program at a GlanceAccent on Success is fully-funded by the French Cultural Center and will provide students with:
- A scholarship to be used for a French language immersion trip to Quebec or France after two (2) academic years in the program (conditional on successful completion)
- Four (4) weeks of enrollment in our Summer in French for Teens program after one (1) academic year ($2,160 value)
- Field trips/cooking workshops throughout the program
- Membership for you and your family to the French Cultural Center while enrolled ($85 value)
- Registration to take the DELF Junior Language Proficiency Exam (delivered by the French Ministry of Education)
Who is eligible?
- Students who are motivated to learn French or further their studies in the language
- Students in good academic standing
- Students willing and able to travel to the French Cultural Center once a week for an hour and a half class (30 weeks total per academic year)
- Students with previous French experience will need to take a placement test in order to determine their proficiency level
Class CurriculaClass curricula will be based on a task-based communicative approach in line with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Students who sign up for the DELF exams that also follow this framework will be able to waive language requirements for French university programs (as of the B1 level). In addition, students who plan to enroll in US universities with exchange programs in France or wish to work in French-speaking countries will also benefit from this diploma, which is valid for life. Textbooks will be provided free of charge and classes will be held in full immersion.
Interested in participating in Accent on Success? Contact our Education Department.
Want to help support us in our mission to create tomorrow's global citizens? Donate today!