Marketing and Communications Manager
The French Cultural Center is looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager who will increase the Center’s awareness and visibility and promote its classes, cultural events, library, membership offerings, and fundraising efforts.
- Devise promotional and sales strategies for Center departments, programs, and services in close collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Manage website, review, edit, and post content provided by or created in collaboration with all departments; oversee outsourced support for maintenance of site; monitor and analyze website traffic and performance.
- Initiate, review, and implement mass digital communications and advertisements (social media, targeted e-blasts, e-newsletter, invitations) in collaboration with the Marketing Associate and other departments; monitor and analyze performance; manage email marketing service and subscriber lists; manage editorial calendar.
- Initiate, review, and distribute printed promotional communications (e.g., direct mailings, calendars, class programs, event materials, Center brochures, flyers, banners).
- Identify, plan, and promote exposition/brand activation opportunities (e.g., cultural fairs, community days), including procuring promotional merchandise.
- Own corporate and promotional sponsorships/partnerships in collaboration with other departments, including scheduling, crafting, and tracking agreed upon offerings and relationship building.
- Use event and customer database software (ActiveNet) and Google Analytics to generate activity links and reports, identify customers, create customer questionnaires/surveys, and track program performance.
- Maintain voice and tone of the institution in all communications.
- Supervise the Marketing Associate/Graphic Designer, establishing priorities within the marketing department.
- Coordinate outsourced projects with creatives.
- Serve as chief liaison for all press contacts.
- Represent the institution at events (includes occasional public speaking).
- Prepare status reports and present marketing recaps at staff meetings, and program/project meetings.
- Manage general marketing budget and marketing budgets for individual departments.
- Research best practices and new opportunities for the most effective marketing and advertising strategies. Frequently re-assess evolving communication needs and processes to remain current and fresh.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Digital marketing experience.
- Experience promoting a business or organization on social media and using Hootsuite (or equivalent).
- Strong affinity for the organization's missions and ability to understand and project company’s tone and brand to various publics.
- Superior attention to detail and copy editing experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and with conviction.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to anticipate short-term and long-term needs.
- Ability to devise a long-term strategy.
- Flexible and responsive.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Experience coordinating creatives.
- Experience with public speaking.
- Knowledge of Adobe Design Suite.
- Knowledge of Asana project management tool, or ability to learn.
- Experience with WordPress and HTML.
- Strong grasp of Google Analytics.
Full-time salaried position with benefits.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
September 22, 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the form below. Please explain why you would be passionate about the Center's mission in your cover letter. No phone calls please. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.