REPORTS TOExecutive Director
DESCRIPTIONThe French Cultural Center is looking for a dynamic and organized Operations Manager to oversee the general operations of the Center, which include facilities, IT and reception. He/she will also be directly responsible for the overall administration and coordination of the human resource function.
This is a full-time position.
RESPONSIBILITIESReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure the organization's compliance.
- Communicate changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Oversee the obtaining of work visas, as required.
- Manage health plan, retirement, and disability and life insurance benefits.
- Maintain personnel and confidential records, paid and unpaid time-off records.
- Assist with onboarding and termination processes.
- Coordinate workers’ compensation.
- Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development for the organization.
- Review and update staff handbook.
- Ensure users are provided support. Fix minor problems on the spot.
- Coordinate with IT consultant, negotiate solutions with external vendors.
- Ensure day-to-day maintenance of user e-mail and network accounts.
- Oversee implementation and execution of new/upgraded information systems via well-defined plans including procedures, deadlines, and accountability, developed in collaboration with IT consultant.
- Stay abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Conduct user training on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for technology bills.
- Support the Executive Director in overseeing current renovation (contracts, construction manager’s work).
- Supervise Facilities Coordinator.
- Prioritize facilities requests and assist with special projects planning.
- Responsible for facilities bills.
- Respond to alarm calls.
- Supervise the reception staff, coordinate scheduling and recruitment of full-time and part-time receptionists in collaboration with Head receptionist.
- Manage Board of Trustees meetings; track planned attendance at the meetings; set up for and breaks down from the meetings; order, receive and set up food and/or beverages for meetings as appropriate; take minutes of meetings as requested; distribute minutes and other documents to meeting attendees as requested.
- Assist the Executive Director as requested.
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Complete fluency in French and English (oral and written).
- Understanding of French formal and diplomatic protocol.
- HR training and/or experience.
- IT training and/or experience.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential.
- Familiarity with legal contracts, ability to comment and suggest edits.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in French and English. Business Acumen.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities & tasks.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- HR Expertise.
- Ability to keep confidential information.
- Employee training and development.
- Global & cultural awareness.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a 12-24 month time span.