REPORTS TOOperations Manager
DESCRIPTIONResponsible for meeting and greeting all members and guests of the French Cultural Center of Boston, handling all incoming telephone calls, managing reservations for programs, processing payments for membership renewals and class registrations and assisting all departments as necessary in an accurate and timely manner.
We are looking to train:
- Someone who would work full days on Fridays (8:45 AM - 5:15 PM), Saturdays (8:45 AM - 5:15 PM), Tuesdays and Wednesdays evenings from 5:00 PM to 7:45 PM and Thursdays from 12:00 PM to 7:45 PM
- Candidates may apply for either Fridays, Saturdays and evenings only, or all starting in May.
- Complete spoken and written fluency in French and English required.
- Must be able to handle a multi-line telephone system with competence and accuracy.
- Must be proficient with database software, email communications and internet browsers.
- Ability to juggle simultaneous but conflicting demands accurately.
- Well-organized, detail oriented person with proven experience handling money.
- Personability and customer service experience required.
- Excellent telephone manners.
- Must maintain a professional appearance (dress code) and demeanor at all times.
- Must be permitted to work in the United States.
- Answer telephone, provide information for all callers and guests, take messages for French Cultural Center’s staff and trustees. Answer questions about classes, cultural programs, translation services, membership and rental of facilities.
- Responsible for meeting and greeting all Center members and guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Check the membership card of everyone entering the Center, if they are not yet a member of the Center enter all the required information in our database.
- Manage all reservations for cultural and membership events using our database. Process every payment made with cash, checks or credit cards.
- Process all walk-in membership sales, book sales and translation requests.
- Keep the first floor neat and orderly. Follow a checklist for opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain the brochures counters.
- Answer or forward to the correct staff member all e-mails in the reception inbox.
- Assist other Center departments as requested/ necessary.
- Work hand in hand with the salesperson with whom the reception area will be shared.
SCHEDULEThursdays (12:00 pm - 7:45 pm)
Fridays (8:45 am - 5:15 pm)
Saturdays (8:45 am - 5:15 pm)
Evening shifts (5:00 pm - 7:45 pm) on Tuesday and Wednesday
You may apply for Thursdays only, Fridays only, Saturdays only, evenings only, or all starting the frist week of May.