POSITIONPart-time Language Instructor - Summer 2021
REPORTS TODirector of Education, Adult Programs Manager, Youth Programs Coordinator
DESCRIPTIONThe French Cultural Center is hiring part-time language instructors for the summer to teach adult and teens/children's classes online and potentially in-person.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Teaching of group classes in both the adults’ and the children’s sections
- Teaching of private lessons
- Administer placement tests
- Attend all training / meetings organized by the Education Department
- Create, organize and teach online thematic workshops
- Monday - Friday (day) for teens/children's summer program, Monday - Thursday (day, evening), and Friday (day) for adults' section
- Native or advanced proficiency in French (C1 level desired)
- Unrestricted work authorization in the U.S. in hands required
- Degree in French, FLE (or DAEFLE) or equivalent preferred
- Must understand and practice full immersion in the classroom
- Experience teaching children and adults a plus
- Strong organizational and planning skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ ability to resolve conflicts diplomatically
- Ability to develop a rapport with children, parents, students and co-workers
- Strong class management skills
- Knowledge / experience with online classes via Zoom a plus
COMPENSATIONPart time : teaching salary base $26/hour (possibility of moving up to $28/hour, $30/hour and $33/hour - additional pay for prep time, meetings and canvas). Teachers from AFs or other places who join the FCC team on a temporary basis and who live out of MA will be recruited as "contractual" employees (1099).
DEADLINE TO APPLYMay 1, 2021. To apply for this position, Please submit both your resume and cover letter in French to email@example.com
Starting date: Early to mid June 2021.