About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Édito A2
In this course you will cover units 1 and half of unit 2 of Edito 2. Please note that a CD player is needed to play the included disc.
Content you will cover in Unit 1: "C’est la vie !"Learn How To
- Read about a selection of artists, talk about your roots, voice a personal preference, propose an outing, accept, schedule, and turn down events.
- The passé composé with être and irregular past participles, negative sentence structures like ne…rien/personne/jamais/plus, sequencing words.
- Learn about the game of pétanque, discover Senegal’s holidays.
- Talk about your personal life, professional life, free time, leisure activities, social events, going out, sports, and games.
- The [s] and [z] sounds; [s]: se séparer; [z]: la musique
Content you will cover in Unit 2:
Learn How To
- Comprehend an excerpt from a piece of literature, describe a photograph, share a memory (happy or otherwise), read a tourist manual, write a postcard or a comment online.
- The imperfect tense with avoir, manger, and commencer, the pronouns y and en (spatial), adjective placement in a sentence.
- Learn about French vacation habits and idiomatic expressions related to rain.
- People, pastimes, identity, countries and nationalities, numbers up to 100.
- The liaison with the pronoun en; Vous n’en êtes pas reparti(s) à l’heure
The people in the class were interesting, hardworking and fun. I look forward to coming to class every [week]!
The French Cultural Center is an oasis of learning and culture. Nora is an incredible teacher, and the library has a wonderful collection.