About this Class
Our core language classes will strengthen your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to develop your skills and confidence in French. With full immersion from day one and a communicative, task-based approach you'll gain the knowledge you need to embrace the Francophone world!
Required textbook: Édito A2
In this course you will cover the second half of unit 2 and unit 3 of Edito 2. Please note that a CD player is needed to play the included disc.
Content you will cover in Unit 2:
Learn How To
- Comprehend an excerpt from a piece of literature, describe a photograph, share a memory (happy or otherwise), read a tourist manual, write a postcard or a comment online.
- The imperfect tense with avoir, manger, and commencer, the pronouns y and en (spatial), adjective placement in a sentence.
- Learn about French vacation habits and idiomatic expressions related to rain.
- People, pastimes, identity, countries and nationalities, numbers up to 100.
- The liaison with the pronoun en; Vous n’en êtes pas reparti(s) à l’heure
Content you will cover in Unit 3:
Learn How To
"A la recherche d’un toi"
- Read a newspaper article about housing, understand wanted ads, explore a neighborhood, ask to speak and interject in a conversation, express joy, describe a place.
- The relative pronouns qui, que où, the comparative with adjectives, adverbs, nouns and verbs, possessive pronouns.
- Talk about Haussmann and Parisian architecture, find an apartment in Montreal.
- Identify different types of housing, residents, rooms; read about real estate advertisements, home furnishings, neighborhoods, cities, public spaces, and city planning.
- The different pronunciations of the word plus | Mon appartement est plus grand; Je travaille plus
The people in the class were interesting, hardworking and fun. I look forward to coming to class every [week]!
The French Cultural Center is an oasis of learning and culture. Nora is an incredible teacher, and the library has a wonderful collection.