- For Adults
- B1-3/B1-4 | A la découverte… des grands fleuves de France
Fleuves are major rivers which flow into an ocean or a sea. In this class, we will focus on key French waterways such as the Loire, the Seine, the Dordogne and its tributaries, the Rhône, and the Meuse and Rhine rivers. Endowed with a twofold character, these rivers are both as mystically and religiously significant in French culture as they are critical environmentally, both facets of which will be explored in this class. We will investigate the diversity of roles rivers play in our ecosystems: they serve as living environments for plant and animal organisms and are key factors in erosion. Rivers are natural wonders which are harnessed and used for food, irrigation of cultivated plants, for inland navigation, energy production, and the realization of many industrial processes. With Julien as your guide, this is sure to be a memorable journey!
Tuesdays (Jan 11 - Feb 8), 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Communicative and Linguistic objectives:
- Understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered.
- Deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling virtually to the area.
- Produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar and of personal interest.
- Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
About Julien Delbasty
Julien wants his students to have fun, be enthusiastic and proud about speaking French, and never be afraid to speak and make mistakes! When he is not teaching, he enjoys reading French novels, studying history, running and (most importantly) cooking and eating good French food.