About this Class
This class allows you to discover, discuss, share, and play with the countless little secrets hidden in the songs of George Brassens, icon of the French song à texte. With each line you will conceive your own interpretation, explain the terms and expressions, identify figures of speech, and note allusions to history, other artists, sources of inspirations, and les muses. A study of the music-text intertwined relationship will also be taken into account.
Communicative and linguistic objectives:
1. Understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar as well as metaphorical matters encountered.
2. Sort out most linguistic situations likely to arise while reading poetry and abstract texts.
3. Produce simple connected text on various topics
4. Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans
5. Expand reading skills through the study of lyrics
About Elsa Upham