- For Adults
- B2-3/4 | Lupin: the Legend
Over a century ago, Maurice Leblanc debuted his character, Arsène Lupin. Inspired by Sherlock Holmes, Lupin was a suave thief, escape artist, master of disguise, and detective. Right away, Lupin captured France's readers and his popularity kept on growing, giving birth to multiple plays, series, movies, books, cartoons and even songs all throughout the twentieth century. Netflix’ s popular series shows us that the legend still lives and is captivating a new generation…
Wednesdays (May 12 - June 9), 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Communicative and Linguistic objectives:
- Acquire vocabulary and expressions to get familiar with the topic and its historical background.
- Read texts and articles developing verbal and written skills on analytical works
- Understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions.
- Collaboratively argue and present works, as group projects throughout the session
No purchase required: weekly handout provided by instructor