- Classes for Adults
- B1+/B2 | French through Games : les mots croisés | Online
Saturdays (session 2 - Oct. 29 - Dec 3), 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
About this Class
Games such as Sudoku or Wordle are everywhere lately but what about going back to some classics? The beneficial effects of crosswords on our brain are undeniable. Crosswords are a wonderful way to help you develop your vocabulary and communicate better with efficiency and creativity. Become a true cruciverbiste! Join us every week to take on new challenges. It will be about summer, distant lands, gastronomy and even music! Sharpen your pencil!
Communicative and linguistic objectives:
- Build vocabulary and expressions to present and analyze words
- Develop your cognitive skills through the study of various idioms
- Acquire critical analytical skills
- Develop listening and understanding through various formats (audio, video, texts)
- Express your opinions on sequential written and auditive material through discussions
About Michaela Jordan
Michaela was raised bilingual (French and English) in Southern Burgundy, by a family who has dedicated their lives to the wine and spirit industry. She has studied Languages and Education at University Lyon II and has been intermittently teaching French to students, in England and the United States, since 2013. Michaela has taught courses on French Language, Culture, Literature, and Translation, from introductory to advanced. This year, she has been working towards getting a second master's degree in Comparative Literature at Dartmouth College. When Michaela is not teaching at the French Library, she is teaching at a local French school. In her spare time, she loves to bake, climb, and travel.