About this Class
The long history of Lyon, which was founded by the Romans in the 1st century B.C. as the capital of the Three Gauls and has continued to play a major role in Europe's political, cultural and economic development ever since, is vividly illustrated by its urban fabric and the many fine historic buildings from all periods.
Located in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, at the confluence of the Saône and the Rhône Rivers, the city of Lyon is dominated by two hills: Fourvière to the west and Croix-Rousse to the east. (Source: Unesco.org <https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/872/>)
The third-largest city of France, Lyon and its surroundings are also the birthplace of cinema, thanks to the Lumière brothers, a worldwide capital of Gastronomy and Oenologie, as well as an international competitor and a gateway to the rest of the world.
Communicative and linguistic objectives:
- Build vocabulary and expressions to present and analyze visual and textual contents
- Expand your verbal skills through a variety of topics
- Acquire skills as an historian, a chef and an enthusiastic tourist!
- Express your opinion through structures discussions
- Use your newly acquired knowledge in context in role plays