About this Class
Our core language classes will reinforce your French through speaking, writing and comprehension activities while providing insights into Francophone culture. Our teachers and curriculum use cutting-edge methods and resources to augment your skills and boost your confidence in French. With a focus on conversational French and active student participation using videos and interactive exercises, you will master the finer aspects of the French language.
Required textbook: Alter Ego 5
In this class you will cover Dossier 1 and 2, pp.13 to 37.
Please note that Alter Ego 5 requires the use of a computer to play the MP3 Compact disc included with the textbook.
Content you will coverLearn How To
- Analyze a scientific document directed broader audiences
- Restore philosophical reasoning
- Compare different media treatments
- Compare two types of sociological documents- Define Intercultural comparisons
- Analyze a controversial and provocative article
- Discuss in depth new technologies
- Oral Documents: Telegram, Simone Signoret and Yves Morand; Tahar Ben Jelloun on the family
- Written Documents: The mirages of universal communication; The thought scattered by the canvas; The press and the digital revolution; A life, Guy Maupassant; Compare: The great Meaulnes, the words and the little Nicolas and the Buddies (pp. 33)
- New Technologies- Customs and Conventions of communities.
Grammar you will cover
- Verbal Tenses and Moods
- Relative Pronouns
- Literal and Figurative Meaning