Week 3: August 9 - August 13, Nature & Animals / Les p’tits naturalistes
Week 4: August 16 - August 20, Music / Les p’tits musiciens
Class Times and Prices
Half Day: 9 am - 12 pm
$360 / week
Full Day: 9 am - 4 pm
$590 / week
Our little Truffauts will hone their creative senses through sketches, role play, and set design activities. Get ready for some masterpieces of the septième art !
Week 2: Scientific Experiments / Les p’tits labos
STEM lovers can let their imaginations run loose this week! Drawing from traditional French pioneers such as Marie Curie and Louis Pasteur, this hands-on week of science is sure to get them into lab coats.
Week 3: Nature & Animals / Les p’tits naturalistes
Get out and explore nature this week! Children will discover the diversity of plants and animals that make up our environment, and participate in crafts, games and nature activities.
Week 4: Music / Les p’tits musiciens
From Sénégal to Québec, kids will discover diverse francophone music while learning French through rhythms and songs. A perfect way for auditory learners to practice pronunciation and tap into their listening skills.
Sample Schedule & Activities
A typical day of SIF8:45 am : Arrival and Welcome
9:15 am : French lesson, with thematic activities, exercises and games
10:15 am : Break time with snack and a trip to the playground
10:45 am : Hands-on thematic project, such as building a volcano, designing a comic strip, or making a short film
12 pm : Dismissal (half day session) or Lunch (full day session)
1 pm : Creative activities, such as song and movement games, arts & crafts, reading and storytelling
2:45 pm : Break time with snack, outdoor activities
3:45 pm : Review of the day and Clean up time
4 pm : Dismissal
- We accept children aged 5-12 years old.
- You may register your child for 1 or several weeks.
- Children may be enrolled in either the half day or full day program. Programs cannot be combined.
- Children must be able to use the bathroom unaccompanied.
- Snacks, water, lunch and sunscreen must be provided by parents.
Health & Safety Policies
- At the French Cultural Center, we value your child’s health and wellbeing and want to ensure they have an enjoyable experience with us this summer. We will follow all guidelines recommended by the CDC and Massachusetts public health authorities regarding COVID-19 to the best of our ability. Please note that the policies below are subject to change as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation locally and nationally.
- In-person classes meet in small groups in spacious classrooms. Your child will stay with their classmates and teacher and will be asked to maintain social distancing at all times. We ask that every child, teacher, staff member and parent wear a face mask. We will have additional disposable masks on hand should extras be needed. Classrooms are disinfected daily and deep cleaned by a professional cleaning crew regularly. Windows will be kept open and fans in every classroom will keep air circulating throughout the day.
Screening Your Child
- As additional protection for your child and other program participants, we ask that families complete a daily COVID-19 screening assessment. Please note that children will not be allowed to attend Summer in French if the daily screening is not complete, and this rule will be strictly enforced.
We will send out a secure Google Form to you via email which will allow you to complete the daily screening from a computer or smartphone. Our administrator will have access to this information and will be able to make updates as needed.
In order for your child to participate in the day’s activities, you must submit the screening no later than 8:15 am each morning.
The screening will ask you about the presence of the following symptoms:
Temperature higher than 100°F
Loss of taste or smell
Cough not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Nausea or vomiting
Fatigue when in combination with other symptoms
Congestion or runny nose not due to other known causes, such as allergies when in combination with other symptoms
Headache when in combination with other symptoms
In the Event of Illness
- While we will make every effort to ensure the health and safety of all program participants, we cannot guarantee that there will be no positive COVID-19 cases during our on-site Summer in French program.
Should your child exhibit symptoms that cause concern during the program, we will contact you and ask that a family member come pick them up. If a participant, teacher or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, they will be required to isolate at home. In accordance with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, positive cases must be isolated for a minimum of 10 days from the date of onset of symptoms or positive test date. They may return after a minimum of 10 days and when they are symptom- and fever-free for at least 24 hours.
- Families registering 2 or more children for a minimum of 2 weeks will get an additional 5% off. To take advantage of this offer, please contact the Education Department at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions of Registration
- Payment plans available.
- Entire payment must be made prior to the first week of class.
- Registration is complete upon full payment only.
- Refunds available only up to 3 weeks prior to your child's registered start date. No refund will be issued once the weekly program has started.
- Non-refundable cancellation fee: $50 per week per child.
- The FCC/AF Boston reserves the right to cancel classes, adjust curriculum, or change teachers at any time during the session. Classes are typically cancelled due to insufficient enrollment (a minimum of four enrollments is required to open a class). If your child is registered in a class that is canceled, you will be notified by email or telephone with 1 week notice and given the option to transfer your child to another course or to be fully refunded. Please note that transfers depend upon seat availability. By enrolling your child in Summer in French, you give the French Cultural Center permission to take photos of your child and understand that the French Cultural Center may use these photos for promotional purposes.