Session 1, July 13 – July 24
Session 2, August 3 – August 14
One-Week Morning Language Program, August 24 – August 28
About Summer in French
Our two-week immersion program offers teens of any level a comprehensive approach to language acquisition. Our native French-speaking teachers, remarkable resources (including the largest private French library in New England) and our convenient location near many other cultural institutions allows our Summer in French program for teens to combine language learning and cultural discovery into one immersive experience. For teens who prefer to focus on one aspect over the other, we offer these two portions of the program—our Morning Language Program and our Afternoon Cultural Discovery Program—at separate prices. We offer a one-week session of our Morning Language Program from August 24 - August 28 - a perfect refresher for students before heading back to school!
Morning Language Program (9:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
Through oral and written comprehension as well as speaking and writing exercises, students acquire the linguistic tools they will need to effectively communicate in a variety of contexts. The program is divided into four skill levels, determined by a placement test. Interactive class activities and a task-based approach help students to learn level-specific grammar and vocabulary, all while discovering Francophone culture through French literature, artistic movements, distinctive regional traditions, and idiomatic expressions. Past students have used the program to get a head start on the academic year but also to prepare for the AP French exam.
SessionMorning Language Program:
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM (One-Week Session)
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
With Early Bird Discount
$324 per 1-week session
$567 per session
$1098 per session
$360 per 1-week session
$630 per session
$1,220 per session
Each session is two weeks.
Please note: additional fees may be required for some field trips, workshops or in-house performances.
Sample Cultural Discovery programWeek 1
Thematic museum visit/Research on an artist
Meet a French chef/cooking workshop in a French restaurant
Meet a French artist/Studio art workshop
- Students can enroll in half-day or full-day programs.
- Students enrolled in the full-day program may either bring a lunch or leave the Center to purchase lunch nearby.
- Snacks, lunch, and sunscreen must be provided by the parents.
- Students must take an online placement test prior to registering.
- Register before March 30 and receive 10% off with our Early Bird Discount. Families registering 2 or more teens will get an additional 5% off before March 30. To register 2 or more teens, please contact the education department at 617.912.0415
Terms & Conditions of Registration
- Payment plans available.
- Entire payment must be made prior to the first week of class.
- Refunds available up to 3 weeks prior to the student's registered start date.
- Any withdrawals after this time frame result in class credit.
- Non-refundable cancellation fee: $50 per week.
- By enrolling your child in Summer in French, you give the French Cultural Center permission to take photos of your child and understand that the French Cultural Center may use these photos for promotional purposes.