About Our Teens ProgramSummer in French for Teens will run from July 12-23 and from August 9-20.
Our two-week immersion program offers teens of any level a comprehensive approach to language acquisition. Our experienced native and bilingual teachers, educational resources and world-known Alliance Française method make our Summer in French program the perfect way for your teen to strengthen their linguistic skills and discover the many cultures of the French speaking world.
Our two week intensive program focuses on building language skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing, all while deepening students’ knowledge of French and francophone cultures.
In-person classes have a maximum of 12 students to ensure a personalized experience and to adhere to health and safety protocols for in-person learning. Online classes have a maximum of 8 students to ensure one-on-one interaction with teachers.
Both formats are designed for teens to build confidence in a nurturing, engaging and enriching environment. In this way, they not only learn a new language, but will also learn to interpret the world from a different perspective.
Class Times & Prices
For On-Site Classes
Morning Language Program
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
$630 for 2 weeks (30h total)
For Online Classes
Morning Language Program
9:30 am - 11 am
$360 for 2 weeks (15h total)
- We accept teens ages 13-17.
- New students must take a placement test to ensure they register for the correct class. You can take our written placement test by clicking on this link. The placement test includes a short written portion, followed by a quick phone call with one of our teachers, who will confirm your teen’s level and recommend the best class for them.
- For in-person classes: Snacks, water, and masks must be provided by parents.
- For online classes: to ensure optimal conditions for online learning, please make sure that your teen has access to a computer with a stable internet connection and built-in video camera so that they can follow along with their teacher and classmates. Please limit any external noises or distractions so that your teen can focus on the activities. Teens should be ready and connected 5mn before the beginning of class. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
Health & Safety Policies
- At the French Cultural Center, we value your teen’s health and wellbeing and want to ensure they have an enjoyable experience with us this summer. We will follow all guidelines recommended by the CDC and Massachusetts public health authorities regarding COVID-19 to the best of our ability. Please note that the policies below are subject to change as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation locally and nationally.
- In-person classes meet in small groups in spacious classrooms. Your student will stay with their classmates and teacher and will be asked to maintain social distancing at all times. We ask that every student, teacher, staff member and parent wear a face mask. We will have additional disposable masks on hand should extras be needed. Classrooms are disinfected daily and deep cleaned by a professional cleaning crew regularly. Windows will be kept open and fans in every classroom will keep air circulating throughout the day.
Screening Your Teen
- As additional protection for your teen and other program participants, we ask that families complete a daily COVID-19 screening assessment. Please note that teens will not be allowed to attend Summer in French if the daily screening is not complete, and this rule will be strictly enforced.
We will send out a secure Google Form to you via email which will allow you to complete the daily screening from a computer or smartphone. Our administrator will have access to this information and will be able to make updates as needed.
In order for your teen to participate in the day’s activities, you must submit the screening no later than 8:15 am each morning.
The screening will ask you about the presence of the following symptoms:
Temperature higher than 100°F
Loss of taste or smell
Cough not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Nausea or vomiting
Fatigue when in combination with other symptoms
Congestion or runny nose not due to other known causes, such as allergies when in combination with other symptoms
Headache when in combination with other symptoms
In the Event of Illness
- While we will make every effort to ensure the health and safety of all program participants, we cannot guarantee that there will be no positive COVID-19 cases during our on-site Summer in French program.
Should your teen exhibit symptoms that cause concern during the program, we will contact you and ask that a family member come pick them up.
If a student, teacher or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, they will be required to isolate at home. In accordance with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, positive cases must be isolated for a minimum of 10 days from the date of onset of symptoms or positive test date. They may return after a minimum of 10 days and when they are symptom- and fever-free for at least 24 hours.
- Families registering 2 or more children for a minimum of 2 weeks will get an additional 5% off. For 2 or more children for a minimum of 2 weeks, please contact the Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions of Registration
- Payment plans available.
- Entire payment must be made prior to the first week of class.
- Registration is complete upon full payment only.
- Refunds available only up to 3 weeks prior to your child's registered start date. No refund will be issued once the weekly program has started.
- Non-refundable cancellation fee: $50 per week per child.
- The FCC/AF Boston reserves the right to cancel classes, adjust curriculum, or change teachers at any time during the session. Classes are typically cancelled due to insufficient enrollment (a minimum of four enrollments is required to open a class). If your child is registered in a class that is canceled, you will be notified by email or telephone with 1 week notice and given the option to transfer your child to another course or to be fully refunded. Please note that transfers depend upon seat availability. By enrolling your child in Summer in French, you give the French Cultural Center permission to take photos of your child and understand that the French Cultural Center may use these photos for promotional purposes.