About this EventChristine and Daniel Cooney of Heavenly Spirits will lead a tasting accompanied by a fascinating presentation exploring a variety of typically French aperitifs.
Enjoy Eight Different Aperitif Samples
- Armorik Single Malt Whisky, Double Maturation | Distillerie Warenghem, Brittany, France
- Diplome 1945 Gin, London Dry Style | Dijon, France
- Normand Apple Cider (cidre brut bouché) Claque Pépin, Serans, France
- Normand Pear Cider Brut (Organic) Claque Pépin, Serans, France
- Pommeau de Normandie, Claque Pépin, Serans, France
- Pineau des Charentes Blanc, Normandin Mercier | La Rochelle, France
- Pastis, La Muse Verte | Artez distillerie, Arthez d’Armagnac, France
- Absinthe, La Muse Verte | Artez distillerie, Arthez d’Armagnac, France
About Heavenly Spirits
About Christine and Dan Cooney
Born in the Cognac region of France, Christine spent summers at her grandparents’ farm north of La Rochelle, where she watched her grandfather, Amédée Foubert, run his winery and distill eau de vie from plums and other fruits grown on the farm. She has worked in the spirits industry for over twenty-five years and is considered an authority in the field of imported French spirits.
In addition to running his own graphic design and marketing companies, Dan has worked as a Professor of Art and Design for over fifteen years, most recently at Bridgewater State University. His paintings, drawings, and sculptures are in collections all over the world. After twenty-five years of working in the wine and spirits industry and another stay in France, the Cooneys relocated to Massachusetts and, in 2008, created Heavenly Spirits.
Come discover the lesser-known wines of Alsace! Alexandre Sojfer, Resident Sommelier at La Voile and 1855 Bar à Vins, will share with us his expertise working with vineyards from Alsace and why this region’s grounds are so prolific yet less available to the American market than other varietals.Read More
Join Benjamin this month for an in-depth discussion of Cantatrix Sopranica L. et autres écrits scientifiques by Georges Perec.Read More
Gallery Opening with Boston/Strasbourg Sister City Association
Join us for the launch of our fall cultural programs with an intriguing gallery opening presented in partnership with the Boston/Strasbourg Sister City Association.Read More