In 2011, the French Cultural Center established the Mosaïque initiative to provide essential support for new cultural programming—today and for years to come. Cultural programs are at the core of the Center’s mission to promote the vibrant growth of the French language and Francophone cultures in New England. By investing in Mosaïque, individual and institutional donors help to ensure ongoing programmatic innovation, secure the Center’s long-term fiscal health, and preserve the legacy of our visionary founders, Général Georges Doriot and his wife, Edna Doriot.
Mosaïque, French for mosaic, is an image that embodies the multifaceted diversity of Francophone cultures; it also reflects our understanding that each gift to the fund is an integral part of a dynamic whole.
What Types of Activities does Mosaïque Support?
Examples of ongoing cultural programming that Mosaïque helps to underwrite include art exhibits, author conferences, panel discussions, children’s programming, cultural celebrations, concerts and partner events with other local arts and culture organizations.
Examples of new activities that Mosaïque helps make possible include bringing a high-profile artist, writer, film director, musician, performing artist or world leader to Boston for a singular event, themed series or artist residency; organizing an interdisciplinary arts festival; expanding collaborations with partner groups including museums, academic institutions, local and international arts organizations and businesses; accessing additional exhibit or performance space to accommodate larger events; and offering free cultural program access to individuals from underserved communities.
Examples of programs funded by Mosaïque
- Through the Lens Series | September 2016 - May 2017
- Spotlight on Design Series | April 2016
- French Pastry Workshop Series with Franck Geuffroy, Ducasse Education Pastry Director | October 2015/2016
- A Conversation with Author Tatiana de Rosnay | October 2015
- Interactive Lecture on the History of Perfumery with Master Perfumer, Christophe Laudamiel | September 2014
- Le Défilé: Opening Show of Boston Fashion Week | September 2013
- Tuba Concert by Thomas Leleu, French Grammy Award Winner | March 2013
- Ciné-Concert: Georges Méliès, The Cinemagician | November 2012
Help Grow Mosaïque into a Permanent Source of Funding
- Give our New England communities access to exceptional, expanded cultural programming
- Encourage cross-cultural awareness, understanding and friendship
- Support current and future cultural programs
- Make Boston the most vibrant cultural destination it can be!
How to Support Mosaïque
Gifts to the Mosaïque Cultural Fund are tax-deductible and can be made by selecting the "Donate" button below or via check or phone.
Mail to: French Cultural Center
Attn: Joyce Grippen
Director of Development
53 Marlborough Street
Boston, MA 02116