Learn French when it's convenient for you!
Private lessons are a great way to get customized one-on-one or semi-private instruction at your own pace. With private lessons, you get to pick what you cover with your instructor. Study with a book, focus on conversation skills, or work with video and audio material - it's up to you!
Whether you are moving to a French-speaking country, planning a trip to Paris, or seeking to advance your French language skills on your own time, let us help you prepare for your next adventure in French!
The majority of our Alliance Française-trained teachers are native French speakers. You can learn more about them here. Our instructors have varied schedules! Generally, the more flexible you are regarding availability, the more efficient we will be in finding the perfect instructor for you.
Private lessons can be taken:
- In person at the French Cultural Center
- Off site at your home, office or another location (depending on instructor’s availability)
- Online via Zoom
PricingAt the Center / Online:
$60 per hour or $540 if you buy a 10-lesson pass
$90 per 1.5 hours or $810 if you buy a 10-lesson pass
Premier & Mosaïque Member Costs:
$60 per hour or $510 if you buy a 10-lesson pass
$90 per 1.5 hours or $765 if you buy a 10-lesson pass
Semi-private Lesson Costs (2-3 People Max):
$32.50 per student per hour or $295 per student if you buy a 10-lesson pass
Hourly rates are the same as listed above + $0.54/mile + $10 fee per lesson. The mileage calculates the round-trip distance between your address and the French Cultural Center.
- Tuition and fees must be paid before lessons can begin. Private lessons are non-refundable.
- For on-site, all students must check in at Reception prior to each private or semi-private lesson as well as sign the attendance sheet during their lesson.
- Lessons bought on a pass must all be of the same duration.
- Rescheduling a lesson: students must notify the department as well as the teacher at least 24 hours in advance to cancel a lesson. Students will be charged the full fee for lessons cancelled less than 24 hours in advance.
For all of our classes, group or private, a placement test is required. This test helps us to have a better idea of your level and give our teachers the information necessary to prepare for your first class together. Therefore, if you have not done so, please complete our written evaluation. It should take between 15 to 20 minutes. Your instructor will complete the oral evaluation during your first private lesson.